Are you a car accident victim? Going through a car accident is very difficult to experience, indeed. You will have to deal with a lot of things not to mention that you may have some sustainable injuries and ongoing trauma. The medical bills, the car repairing bills, and all other losses might be haunting you.
But wait, don’t worry! According to Tort Law, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against a person who injures you. However, you have to make sure that the opposite party is negligent.
In this regard, you just need to have one of the best personal injury lawyers. Personal injury lawyers will study your case in detail and help you in the best possible way. They can help you in getting all your compensations whether through court or settlement. But the question might hit your mind, “when is the right time to hire an attorney after a car accident?”.
Let’s jump into the article to know the answer to our question and know more about filing a lawsuit against the opposite party.
Claiming Your Car Insurance
Let’s first discuss why insurance companies are hectic to deal with on your own. Soon after your insured car gets into the accident, the insurance company starts collecting evidence against you. In this way, they can minimize their financial loss.
It can be risky for you as they can use those proofs against you in the case. And as a result, you neither get a settlement nor an insurance amount. Moreover, in some cases, the insurance company of the opposite party is not very strong and cannot cover your car expenses.
To avoid all these situations you need to hire a personal injury lawyer. Hiring a lawyer also depends on the type of injury you get through a car accident. If you are suffering from brain injury then you must contact one of the best brain injury attorneys. The same goes for the other cases.
What are the Situations to Get an Attorney For?
You must be thinking about when should you get an attorney if you are witnessing a car accident. The answer depends on various factors.
- How did the accident happen?
- Who was at the mistake?
- Are you suffering from injuries or not?
- Did your car get damaged in this accident?
These are the 4 basic questions you need to answer before contacting the attorney. This will help you make the decision about hiring a personal injury lawyer. But you do not need to hire a lawyer if there are no injuries in the accident. If it is only a minute dent, then you can handle it on your own.
The Right Time to Hire an Attorney
You may be confused about the right time to hire an attorney after a car accident, right? But you don’t need to worry. We will guide you all about it. Frankly speaking, the soon you can contact the attorney, the better it is. If you are injured in a serious manner, then your relative should call them on your behalf.
We are jotting down the handy process you should do after a car accident.
- Get the treatment soon after the accident
- Connect to a good personal injury lawyer to handle your case
- Never contact your insurance company without any counselling.
Signs You Should Hire an Attorney Now
There are some signs that will indicate that you should hire a personal injury attorney now. Let’s dig into the details:
- The first sign is you haven’t got any call from the opposite party’s insurance company. This means they may not have reported the accident to their insurance company. This is the best time to hire an attorney immediately.
- If you witness any case in which you are asking to sign a medical authorization. The authorization to get access to your medical records. These records are usually private, so immediately contact your lawyer.
- If you face urgency from the insurance company. If they are creating chaos hurry up and accept the settlement amount as soon as possible. It is high time to connect to a personal injury lawyer.
- If you are feeling that you haven’t been treated fairly in the settlement. You should immediately contact an attorney after this.
- The last situation is if you find your insurance adjuster to be rude, aggressive, and unresponsive. It is high time to contact a personal injury lawyer, as it is your legal right to get compensation
What can a Lawyer Offer You?
The question might hit your mind about what can a personal injury attorney do for you. Maybe you are thinking to file a personal injury lawsuit without a lawyer. Then this section will help you in the best possible way. Let’s jump into the details
- Create a Legal Strategy
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can create legal strategies for your case. These strategies will help you in maximizing the amount of compensation. There are a number of rules and regulations that might be hectic for your to handle. The legal representatives know things better. They can help you in the best possible way.
- Identify the Legal Liabilities
The personal injury lawyer will investigate your case deeply. In this investigation, he will also identify some parties that have potential legal responsibilities to you. In this way, you have a better chance to get your losses compensated. And who doesn’t want to get compensation for their losses?
- Collect the Evidence
The personal injury lawyer will study your case in detail. He will then gather the pieces of evidence from the accident spot and all other sources. This evidence will help you in proving your claim. The lawyers know best how to mould the evidence to make the case stronger. So, you must hire an attorney for your case to get better results.
There are lot more things the personal injury lawyer can do for you. Like finding the value your claim is having, dealing with your insurance company, filing a lawsuit for you, and much more. This will do anything that is possible to get you justice.
So, it is vital to hire a personal injury attorney after a car accident. And the best time to hire him is as soon as possible to get the maximum advantages.