Many wealthy people in emerging markets are drawn to citizenship-by-investment programs in order to gain a second passport and diversify their investment options. Having access to a second passport allows for increased mobility and the elimination of visa requirements. The market for CBI passports is now worth $5 billion annually, and the market for Golden Visas is worth another $25 billion. As of 2022, the combined value of the investor residence and citizenship market is estimated at $30 billion.
Gains from Having a Second Passport
- Protective shelter in a second country.
- Possibility of Movement and Entry Visas Liberated mobility (visa waiver)
- An ideal present for a family hoping to pass on their citizenship to future generations.
- An alternate course of action for Offshore asset shielding
- Required for any serious investor’s portfolio, including those at family offices, banks, and hedge funds.
- Security, anonymity, and shelter from political turmoil and armed conflict.
- Safeguard your assets in a foreign country with a strong currency.
- Obtaining dual citizenship and thus becoming a Global Citizen broadens the scope of personal freedom to the entire planet.
- Kids should have access to the finest education possible, which includes attending top colleges in other countries.
- Possibility to set up a second home through overseas real estate investments.
- Tax-free financial strategy for global earnings
- The passport is the modern-day equivalent of an insurance contract.
- Comfort in transacting business
Citizenships can be granted in as little as two to three months, with no domicile or travel restrictions, which is a big reason why programs have become so popular lately. This regulation is usually followed, except for Malta and Cyprus, where a longer registration period of one year is needed.
Top Citizenship by Investment Country
The term “citizenship by investment” (CBI) refers to a program that enables foreign nationals to acquire citizenship of a country by making a sizable financial contribution to the country in question. Some of the best places to get citizenship in exchange for money are these:
- Malta: The country of Malta has one of the most prestigious citizenship-by-investment programs in the world. The government requires applicants to make a gift, engage in equities or assets authorized by the government, and buy or lease land in the country. Successful applicants gain access to visa-free travel to more than 180 countries.
A quick tip: Fintech Harbor Consulting is always ready to help in obtain citizenship by Investment in any jurisdiction you choose.
- Cyprus: The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program requires applicants to make an investment in real estate, government bonds, or a combination of both. Visa-free entry to over 170 nations is a perk of this scheme.
- The Citizenship by Investment program in Austria is geared toward affluent people who are prepared to make financial contributions to the nation. Applicants must make a significant investment in an Austrian business, either by purchasing shares or providing venture capital. Successful applicants gain access to visa-free travel to more than 185 countries.
- Grenada: Grenada’s Citizenship by Investment program requires applicants to make a significant investment in real estate or a government-approved fund. Successful applicants gain access to visa-free travel to more than 140 countries.
- St. Kitts and Nevis: St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program is one of the oldest and most established in the world. In order to apply, applicants must either engage in government-approved real estate or make a monetary contribution to the government. Successful applicants gain access to visa-free travel to more than 150 countries.
Each program has its own criteria and investment choices, and investment costs vary by nation and investment form. Candidates should weigh their choices and seek expert help before applying.