The number of companies embracing Agile methodologies is predicted to continue to proliferate in 2022. As organizations seek to produce items more agilely, this tendency is expected to continue in the coming years.
Purpose Of Scrum Certification –
Let’s start with the WHY before diving deeper into the topic. Whether you believe in certificates or not, the reality is that most employers consider them a must or at the very least a plus when applying for a variety of jobs. To put it another way, becoming certified will not harm you.
Even if you’re a novice with no field experience, a CSM certification can still be beneficial since it displays that you are knowledgeable about the subject and have taken steps to prepare yourself.
So, if you’re seeking a job at a business that uses Scrum, being certified won’t damage your chances of acquiring one. Quite the opposite is true. You have the edge over someone who has never heard of agile or Scrum.
Within a company, there are also distinct positions. If you want to work as a Scrum Master, you might need a Scrum certification. As a result, it’s critical to conduct some study and carefully use your time and resources.
So, if you have no prior experience with Scrum, becoming certified will not make up for it. The examinations will primarily assess your knowledge of the Scrum framework theoretically.
Which Scrum Certification Should You Pursue In 2022?
There are many companies that provide Scrum or Agile certifications on the market. These qualifications will be available in most businesses, with varying difficulty levels.
- General Agile certifications
- Scrum Master certifications
- Product Owner certifications
- Developer certifications
- Scaling Scrum certifications
There are now four major certification bodies, each of which has its name for the certification.
- The CSM certification is issued by the Scrum Alliance (scrum alliance.org).
- The PSM ITM (Professional Scrum MasterTM level I) certification is issued by Scrum.org.
- The SSM (Certified SAFe® Scrum Master) certification is issued by Scaled Agile (SAFe).
- The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certification is issued by the Project Management Institute (pmi.org).
Here is a list of the top Scrum certifications to help you develop in your career, take advantage of the hiring and earn a lot of money.
- SAFe Scrum Master Certification
- Scrum Master by Scrum Inc.™ Certification
1. Certified Scrum Master – This Scrum Alliance entry-level certificate is an excellent place to start for professionals who want to learn about Scrum team roles and responsibilities, Scrum events, and Scrum artifacts. CSM is the gold standard for Scrum qualifications, with an average pay of $120,000 per annum and a projected job growth rate of 24% in the next three years.
2. CSPO – This certificate is another Scrum Alliance offering for professionals who wish to solidify their career as Product Owners and confirm their knowledge of Scrum vocabulary, methods, and concepts.
Product Owners have been recognised for their efforts to Scrum teams and their role as a liaison between development and business. Because 90% of current teams adopt Scrum for product development, recruiters recognize the Product Owner’s role as an intermediary who maximizes value and motivates teams. As a result, the need for product owners continues to grow, with hundreds of new product owner positions being added every day.
3. PSM – With its rigorous training requirements and thorough examination, this accreditation assures that holders have a comprehensive understanding of the Scrum framework. According to Scrum.org’s 2019 Scrum Master trends, PSM was one of the top three credentials among survey respondents. Scrum is one of the most popular agile frameworks, and its popularity is unlikely to wane very soon. PSM is both financially rewarding and career-defining.
4. A-CSM – The A-CSM allows you to demonstrate your advanced Scrum implementation skills and your ability to create more dialogue between the Scrum team and stakeholders. Fortune 500 companies are seeking these advanced Scrum Master skills, and they’re ready to pay the highest price for them.
5. PSPO – PSPO stands for Professional Scrum Product Owner, a Scrum.org training and credential. This certification will help you better grasp the Product Owner’s role and how to get the most out of software products and systems.
6. SAFe Scrum Master Certification – The SAFe Scrum Master certification validates an individual capable of fulfilling scrum master tasks in a scaled agile environment. Individuals that are SSM certified can manage Agile Scrum transformations, build high-performing teams, and guarantee that Scrum techniques are implemented throughout the business.
7. PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® – The PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner is a product of the world-renowned Project Management Institute. Holders get a comprehensive understanding of implementing project management methods in Agile organizations. Participants are held to high standards due to this certification, which is why it is widely recognized worldwide.
8. Scrum Master by Scrum Inc.™ Certification – Given that this certification is sponsored by one of Scrum’s co-founders, it has a high demand in the industry. Organizations value certified professionals’ ability to create self-organized, high-value, and engaged teams. As a result, there’s an increasing need for Scrum experts, and this certification will put you in the running for these top jobs.
The World Economic Forum identified Scrum Master as one of the top 10 emerging Product Development positions. Thousands of job vacancies for Scrum professionals will exist at the start of 2022. Make yourself and your company more valuable by earning one or more of these high-paying Scrum certifications.